BTS - Where are those cool colored armor penetration diagrams???

Charles / Steve,

I thought we were supposed to be able to pull up and see those really neat colored 4 lobed armor penetration diagrams for tank x vs. tank y once we had the final copy of the game (like the ones posted somewhere here on the website). I find no mention of this in the manual, can't find any such files in the CM directory, and can't seem to find anywhere in the game where one might access this stuff. So I assume it isn't there???

Mikester out.

The following is taken straight from the Resources page:

"Combat Mission has the most sophisticated, and realistic, treatment of armor penetration and ballistics of any wargame ever made. Check out some graphical examples and see for yourself! (Note - we had originally intended to put lots of these on the Combat Mission CD-ROM, but the game itself, both Mac and Windows versions, took up practically every single last MB of space. So the over 300MB of penetration charts simply will not fit. We are working out how to get these into your hands in the very near future through alternative means)"

------------------

Dan

Thanks for the info guys!!!!!!

Being an engineering technical weenie I'd really like to see these charts and understand better the armor penetration capabilities of tank x's main gun against tank y's armor at various ranges and angles.

Plus they look really f***ing cool too.

Mikester out.

PS: If these are made available for download please put them into some kind of blocks. 300MB is an s-load of stuff to try and download.

Me too....

I have not got the manual yet but I was looking forward to checking out those multicoloured diagrams. but its no big deal

I can wait if they will be available at some later date...

I somehow doubt they will be downloadable as the competition might want to re-purpose them for there new not yet released (fictional) CM -killer 3D WW II squad level wargame. (Hasbro : and Soldiers at War 2, I'm not refering to you tongue.gif )

I would bet those armour penetration diagrams will only be available, (somehow) to those of us who have bought the game.

(ok, by that logic that fictional new CM killer game designers could buy them too, but at least then BTS would not be giving them away smile.gif )

-tom w

Originally posted by Mikester:

Thanks for the info guys!!!!!!

Being an engineering technical weenie I'd really like to see these charts and understand better the armor penetration capabilities of tank x's main gun against tank y's armor at various ranges and angles.

Plus they look really f***ing cool too.

Mikester out.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mikester:

If these are made available for download please put them into some kind of blocks. 300MB is an s-load of stuff to try and download.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the best solution to this problem would be to write a program that takes the game's data and calculates the diagram for any two units you select. That should be <1MB to download.

Of course, this requires good knowledge about the actual armor penetration formulas used in the game, so either BTS would have to provide this information to someone willing to write this program or they would have to write it themselves.

Dschugaschwili

[This message has been edited by Dschugaschwili (edited 06-21-2000).]