Is Combat Mission getting competition?

While I don't think there ever was a CC editor, there were plenty of great user-made campaigns. Due to the fact that it was relatively easy to map completely custom terrain types, uniforms (such as they were) and vehicles. Examples: Gold Juno Sword & Winter War for CC5. So custom content was actually a selling point for me.

The other was H2H multiplayer campaigns... CC is easier and more forgiving than CM, and therefore lends itself to epic campaigns against my friends who aren't necessarily wargamers.

However the lack of a single-player challenge, the 'slot' immersion breaker already mentioned, and the lack of development was why I stopped playing.

Edited by arjuna_r
added more sense

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/04/2016 at 6:23 AM, Thomm said:

Lots of drama at this thread: Close Combat Series Thread.

Wow @Thomm. Just wow. I know Nomada and I see that he's been enlightened by Slitherine... 

Thanks for the analysis @Battlefront.com - the only bit where I see TACOM being superior to CM is in the look and feel of their maps. But as you say, things become so much easier when the camera is rigged... And I do remember EYSA, or Squad Assault as it was later rebranded? by Matrix. That he edits that out of his resume tells us more about character than skill, there's hoping he's learnt from that :)