German rifle scopes

I was wondering about German sniper rifles and their scopes. In all of the CMx2 ww2 titles I can only recall that I have come across the two types below. As I understand it the ZF41 1.5X scope was the most common for the Kar98k.  

sniper5.jpg

But shouldn't we be seeing some ZF39 4X power as seen below? Or are they already in?

sniper3.jpg

Do you mean the 3D modeling of the scope? Otherwise all the game manuals tell it´s the ZF39 4x in use for german rifles.

"KAR98K ZF/4
For snipers, Karabiner 98k rifles selected for being exceptionally accurate during factory tests were fitted
with a telescopic sight as sniper rifles. Karabiner 98k sniper rifles had an effective range up to 1000
meters (1094 yards) when used by a skilled sniper. The German Zeiss Zielvier 4x (ZF39) telescopic
sight had bullet drop compensation in 50 m increments for ranges from 100 m up to 800 m or in some
variations from 100 m up to 1000 m.
Effective range .................800+ m (875 yd) (with optics)"

44 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Do you mean the 3D modeling of the scope? Otherwise all the game manuals tell it´s the ZF39 4x in use for german rifles.

Yes. If I'm not mistaken there is no 3D model for the ZF39 scopes, they are all represented as ZF41 1.5x. A shame as the ZF39 just looks cooler ;):D and it would be cool to see them both in game. I'm guessing that squad dedicated marksmen usually had the ZF41 and "true" snipers had 4x scopes.  

44 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

"KAR98K ZF/4
For snipers, Karabiner 98k rifles selected for being exceptionally accurate during factory tests were fitted
with a telescopic sight as sniper rifles. Karabiner 98k sniper rifles had an effective range up to 1000
meters (1094 yards) when used by a skilled sniper. The German Zeiss Zielvier 4x (ZF39) telescopic
sight had bullet drop compensation in 50 m increments for ranges from 100 m up to 800 m or in some
variations from 100 m up to 1000 m.
Effective range .................800+ m (875 yd) (with optics)"

Didn't think of checking the manual as I hadn't seen the 3d model of ZF39 scopes in the game and BF is usually so good with details no matter how small. Its good to know that the scopes in game at times are representing 4x power though, but if you cant tell by the model in the game its hard to know what to expect from your sniper unit. It must be easier to hit targets further away if you are equipped with a 4x scope compared to a 1.5x.

And if all scopes in game really are ZF39 4x and they are modeled as ZF41's 1.5x that's a bit weird, no? :) 

Edited by Fizou

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:31 AM, Fizou said:

I was wondering about German sniper rifles and their scopes. In all of the CMx2 ww2 titles I can only recall that I have come across the two types below. As I understand it the ZF41 1.5X scope was the most common for the Kar98k.  

sniper5.jpg

But shouldn't we be seeing some ZF39 4X power as seen below? Or are they already in?

sniper3.jpg

Having gone back over all my recorded gameplay, I think I've only ever seen the top 2 scopes.

I'm sure the 4x scopes are in the game, but there must be some equipment setting that allows for them.

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎07 at 8:09 PM, SLIM said:

Having gone back over all my recorded gameplay, I think I've only ever seen the top 2 scopes.

I'm sure the 4x scopes are in the game, but there must be some equipment setting that allows for them.

Me too. I  took to the editor and bought a whole load of snipers of various qualities. Only ever saw the too scopes in the top of my op. So no model for the zf39. But if you look at the files the silhouette for that same weapon I believe its named zf39.

Would be cool to get some official response on this. Reckon its a very low priority if at all we'd ever see a zf39 model introduced to replace some of the zf41s and also have them perform differently. Would be really cool though (fingers crossed).

While it´s actually the ZF4 model in use internally, a likely explanation for not seeing the proper scope model added could be limitations with the animation files. The long ZF39 model would likely intersect with the pixeltroopers head or helmet, dependent on his aiming/shooting stance. The scoped G43 model shows the limits with just the one generic animation file in use. Anything longer obviously requires a new animation file.