Cancel Artillery?

So I play turn-based.  Is there a way to cancel an artillery request during the planning phase without ordering a cease fire?  

For example, I ordered a barrage on a bridge and before my turn was over I noticed a better target.  Game is still paused.  I try to give the order to target a different area instead.  No luck.  I click cease fire.  Now an entire turn is wasted.  Am I missing something, or is the implementation really just that shoddy?  

Is there a way to cancel an artillery request during the planning phase without ordering a cease fire?  

No there is not, which does suck I agree. 

I play mostly by PBEM so the odd time this happens I will quit the turn and reload it. It is a bit of a heavy handed approach but sometimes I feel it necessary other times I just don't worry about it and go with the mission not quite as I wanted.

So I play turn-based.  

For example, I ordered a barrage on a bridge and before my turn was over I noticed a better target.  Game is still paused.  I try to give the order to target a different area instead.  No luck.  I click cease fire.  Now an entire turn is wasted.

"Before my turn was over", Paused?  I thought you said you were playing turn based.  If you are playing turn based once you are in the orders phase there is no pause it is a different phase.  Perhaps you meant that while in the command phase you noticed a better target, and not that you placed an order and then un-paused the game and later after watching more of the game you noticed another target.

Am I missing something, or is the implementation really just that shoddy?  

Shoddy? Really that seems a bit much.  I agree that having a way to cancel a mission that you set moments ago during the command phase of a turn would be a good thing its absence is not something I would say rose to the level of shoddy.