Hotseat order of play

I decided to test out hotseat play, because of the question about what hotseat play was in a previous thread. While tinkering with it I came accross something that bothered me alittle about how it works..

To set up..

Hotseat works like this in CM (using Last Defense as example with 1st player as Allied)

Allied Password Choice

Allied Setup Phase

Axis Password Choice

Axis Setup Phase

Axis Orders Phase

Allied Orders Phase

Allied Movie Phase

Axis Movie Phase

Loop back to Axis Order Phase and continue until game ends.

My problem is that the Axis player in this example has the small advantage of making his orders fresh after watching and replaying his movie. The Allied player though, after watching his movie, has to wait for the Axis player to both watch his movie, and give orders. Considering that in a larger battle, this process may take anywhere from 15-30 minutes (or maybe more)in a larger game (especially if your like me and spend alot of time analyzing the movie from multiple unit's POVs, ect...) some details might be forgotten by the allied player while waiting for his turn to come around again.

Just looking quickly at this I've come up with 2 ways (1 quick and 1 more complex) to fix this.

Solution 1 would be to swap the order of the Allied/Axis Move order, so as to go like this...

Axis Order

Allied Order

Axis Movie

Allied Movie

then loop back

Pros... Allied player no longer has a long wait time between watching his movie and issuing his new orders.

Cons... Both players now have a wait time, and adds 1 seat change to the loop.

Solution 2... After the 1st turn order phases are both done, changing the player order/movie phase order completely My proposal would go like this

Setup Phase

Allied setup

Axis setup

First Turn Order Phase

Axis Order Phase

Allied Order Phase

First Turn Movie/Second Turn Order Phase

Axis 1st Turn Movie

Axis 2nd Turn Orders

Allied 1st Turn Movie

Allied 2nd Turn Order

Loop back to Axis 1st turn movie slot, replacing with 2nd turn move, and continuing.

Pros... Both player gain the benefit of zero wait time between watching the last turns movie and issuing thier new turns orders.

Cons... More difficult to program changes?? Can't really think of a gameplay con to this change. Any thoughts?

Mikey

Heheh

I played a hotsaet game today by myself to try some stupid things

I oredered the tiger onto the road just behind the wall, and order some us squads to the tank, to see if they would throw grenades, nope they didn't but the tiger, scooted off on his own accord smile.gif and some smoke was placed by tiger? or Us infantry?

Then I ordered the tiger to reverse over the Us infantry - the game crashed halfway through the turn crunching! smile.gif

Oh well

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Homepage -

www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Beach/4448