AMD optimization?

How optimized are the CMx2 games for AMD. I open fraps and even on company sized battles i average at 20fps on max settings... This doesnt seem right considering my specs and how other games run on my PC.

Windows 7-64bit

Intel core i5-4690k 3.5 GHz

1TBWD Blue 7200 RPM 64MB cache

8gig ram DDR3 1866

120 gig SSD

Radeon R9 290 4GB 512-bit

I never really noticed till a friend and I were on TS doing a PBEM and i was complaining about performance and he said he was getting like 50 fps on an older Nivida card with the same cpu as me. So it just got me wondering if any other AMD users here have performance issues?? I get around 20 fps in CMBN, CMFI, CMRT, and CMBS lol

ÀMD has not spent as much effort on Open GL as NVidia.  That's why I made sure to have an NVidia card the last time I upgraded my PC.

There could be some settings that could help and I used to have a book mark for someone's suggestions. When I am back on my PC I will check if I still have it. Unless some beats me to it.

Those were my observations as well in other games using this API. AMD cards and OpenGL don't mix well.

That may be true, but saying you can't get decent FPS with AMD cards is hogwash. I get the same or better than what he's getting with my old laptop (HP DV6 with AMD A6-6410MX/6755G2 1GB on Win 7-64.  Go to the below site.  It's NVIDIA, but a lot of the settings are the same as the AMD control panel.  It makes a big difference in-game.  There may be an AMD performance tips link as well?  Having said that, AMD is definitely slower on the uptake with their drivers.  You may have to roll-back if nothing helps:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/96330-some-performance-and-quality-tips-for-nvidia-users/ 

Interestingly, on my new desktop build (Intel G3220/8GB Ram/ASUS Strix GTX 950) I can now play the game fully maxed in the NVidia control panel (1680x1050 - older Samsung LCD monitor-looks great though) and have no lag whatsover in huge maps that I couldn't run before.  This is with CMBN/CW and CMBS 3.11.  I can also run ARMA 3 at Ultra at 35-50 fps, so long as I don't go over 2500 with the draw distance.  I always thought these games may be CPU-limited, but that's simply not true.  It's almost all GPU.

Edited by aleader

Ok i went into the AMD control panel and changed some settings.. Overrided the games AA and there was a OpenGL triple buffering and i enabled this.. Well my FPS is acting really crazy now its has gone from 10-20 on a medium battle to 20-120 lol It just jumps all over the place idk if this is an improvement or not

Ok i went into the AMD control panel and changed some settings.. Overrided the games AA and there was a OpenGL triple buffering and i enabled this.. Well my FPS is acting really crazy now its has gone from 10-20 on a medium battle to 20-120 lol It just jumps all over the place idk if this is an improvement or not

I think you may need to set the refresh to half to keep it around 30fps.  I'll check my settings on my laptop next time I have it open...don't use it much anymore ;)

Edited by aleader