Hit decals on buildings?

Would be cool to have indeed, but having pock marks and holes could only be half of the overall desired effect at last. Next I´d ask for is rubble parts and debris strewn along shot up buildings and such. It´s surely possible to spawn additional rubble flavor objects outside damaged and destroyed buildings, but I´d guess some people would argue against it, because more flavors would be more of a strain to the rendering system with additional loss of FPS in the game. Other games have in game generated decal pock marks, but these vanish over time again and are not permanent. Obviously cause lots of them would cause frame rates to drop noticably. :mellow:

I don't recall if in the past anyone has given the reason for this, so I'll ask:  What is it about the modular buildings that they can't have a destruction layer option like independent buildings do?  The roofs have a damage mode.  It sure would be nice to be able to have damaged walls as well.

I don't recall if in the past anyone has given the reason for this, so I'll ask:  What is it about the modular buildings that they can't have a destruction layer option like independent buildings do?  The roofs have a damage mode.  It sure would be nice to be able to have damaged walls as well.

Actually both types of buildings get a damaged outside wall & roof through the CTRL-LMB click cycle. The independent buildings are even inferior to modular buildings as the single plane damage geometry of Indi buildings pose some shading problems at certain angles. At least it so on my computer. :wacko:

Edit: Damaged roofs for modular buildings goes through SHIFT-ALT-LMB clicking the building.

Edited by RockinHarry