Editor tips (requesting help)

xXmushmanXx

Hey i am exploring the mission map editor in CM Black sea. im wondering how to choose whether a building has a flat roof or not and other building editiong tools. So far i have only been able to get buildings that have angled rooves, yet i have seen buildings with flat rooves and buildings that look like military baracks

Also it would be nice to know how to edit the damage on buildings, import custom textures on maps (such as in mission.August Morning where the makers changed the sand texture to what looks like rubbish and rubble.

Any help is appreciated :)

full-1799-95372-cm_black_sea_2015_01_30_15_54_47_37.jpg

OK! I will jump into this thread and ask:

(a) Is there an UNDO button in the editor? It is especially handy with mistakes due to the thickness of the map paintbruss

(b) On the foliage menu, for each type of tree one has three options: Single-dense-very dense. But there is a fouth one depicting a single tree on a grid overlay. WHAT IS THIS?

Check out pp10 of the CM Engine Manual v3.01.pdf that came with the game:

Editor

3D Map Preview

Buildings

<ctrl>left click on the roof to change the shape of the roof.

For the rubble check out the list of stock tags that are available on pp 143 of the CM Black Sea Manual

Ok thanks, got it.

+ I ordered a download and CD so i haven't got my manual yet. Thanks for the info tho.