Area fire in night time

Hi, I just played a PBEM in night time, I just noticed I cant area fire further than the visual range... is it meant to be like that? I hope I can area fire those suspected enemy location even if I haven't seen them.... Because the opponent have NVG and I don't... so when the enemy open fire, we could at least see their muzzle flash right? So we should probably can target them/area fire them right?

unfortunately no - you can only fire as far as you can see...and word of warning - when you fire you can be seen from farther away.  It's a nasty trick you can play on the AI.  You sneak a few units close then open fire from a distance.  When the AI opens up- suckers - they now are exposed to your men.

As to your sample, yes you can see a firing enemy farther away than your actual visual spotting distance.  Unfortunately with NVGs you are probably gonna get drilled before you can spot them.

Edited by sburke