Bug: Landscape shadows on wrong side of hills compared to sun direction

I'm wondering how this bug never got noticed before.. Fighting a dawn quick battle, the sun comes up in the east, so east-facing hillsides should be lit up, and west-facing hillsides should be in shadow. But it's the other way around.

Shadows from troops, vehicles, trees and buildings are not affected, they fall in the right direction.

Tested using the latest version: 3.11.

Edited by Bulletpoint

I know what you mean. I´d posted this repeatedly during past years, but either nobody really cares, or it´s just a handful of people who have this issue. My last posting:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120401-which-file-contains-the-textures-for-bocage-banksrisings/?do=findComment&comment=1623890

Edited by RockinHarry

I know what you mean. I´d posted this repeatedly during past years, but either nobody really cares, or it´s just a handful of people who have this issue. My last posting:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120401-which-file-contains-the-textures-for-bocage-banksrisings/?do=findComment&comment=1623890

Well, I care.

Maybe it's because 90% of battles take place around noon, when the issue is not apparent? Should be easy for BattleFront to correct the problem, as everything is in place - it's just a matter of switching coordinates.

Well, I care.

Maybe it's because 90% of battles take place around noon, when the issue is not apparent? Should be easy for BattleFront to correct the problem, as everything is in place - it's just a matter of switching coordinates.

Nice! Two is a good start! :) ...yet we don´t know what´s the actual problem. I´m not sure if it´s a particular graphics card problem, driver or something related and not truely something to be fixed from BFC. Since there´s little to none feedback about the matter, it could just be a minority of players ever´ve seen this. :wacko: Whatever it is, I too find it a pretty disturbing effect, completely destroying the impression of true life dusk and dawn lighting conditions. :mellow: