Russia Military Operations in Syria

GAZ NZ

Mainstream NZ news is saying

12 Russian Fighter jets 12 Support Jets and active Russian drone units are now in Syria.

Putin to address UN assembly next week

My guess is Russia is going after The Rebels and ISIS in Syria to support Assad.

Essentially Russia I believe will advise its ops to drive ISIS out to the UN and begin active mil ops. Putin had been hinting at active operations there against ISIS on RT for the past few weeks.

As to how far it goes who knows.

The UN cannot object.

No one can. Your fighting a terrorist group thats totally distablised world security.

This thread ive started is to discuss this and discuss military photos / intelligence posted.

This is not a political thread. I note prior threads got hijacked with political rants. Was enjoying the equipment pics being posted before they got shut down.

Please keep it civil thanks.

Perhaps its a new CM game in the making?

Edited by GAZ NZ

Too off topic for this Forum.  Russia's involvement in Ukraine is obviously on topic, but Russia's activities in Syria are no more relevant than the US's activities in Iraq.

And sure the UN can object to members supporting a regime that is largely responsible for creating ISIS by murdering its own citizens with conventional and chemical weapons. Jihadists thrive on that sort of stuff, didn't you know?

Steve