New Kampfgruppe Engel, tank bug or is this supposed to be like this?

I played the old campaign and found in scenario 2 I Iost my panther and panzer 4's that had survived mision 1 at mission start of 2. I read that theres a bug and this makes vehicles disappear between scenarios. Ive just installed the new fixed campaign and I got the same thing for scenario 2.  So is this a bug or in fact are these tanks supposed to leave my force . Am I supposed to just have the 2 panzer 2's and the big tanks have left ?

Your input greatly appreciated.

I just played that revamped-for-v3 campaign, and I did not suffer from your issue. As far as I've gotten into the campaign, your available tank OOB is never reduced (apart from the losses you incur). This was certainly an issue with playing the vanilla scenario in later versions, but has been fixed in the recently-fixed one from the Repository. It's worth checking you didn't get campaign files scrambled up in the copying... Oh, and just to check for forehead-slapping moments: you did restart the campaign didn't you? Once you've begun, changing the campaign file won't affect a game-in-progress.

Did your tanks take damage or lost crew members?

I remeber tanks leaving for refit when I played that campaign, once they had two crewmembers incapacitated or taken significant damage (track thrown or main gun shot out, things like that). I would assume something like that happened to your tanks, too.

I thought I could use an old save game from the old version and play it though with the new campaign so I could get to game 2 with all my tanks intact. From what you guys are saying it didnt work because I used an old game save :(   None of my tanks had a scratch on them. So cant be that.

I guess that means Ill have to play the entire scenario from scratch  :(

I thought I could use an old save game from the old version and play it though with the new campaign so I could get to game 2 with all my tanks intact. From what you guys are saying it didnt work because I used an old game save :(   None of my tanks had a scratch on them. So cant be that.

I guess that means Ill have to play the entire scenario from scratch  :(

'Fraid so, yes.