icon change suggestion

Flak crews,AT crews,etc. when they abandon or their gun gets destroyed they should switch to a generic infantry icon.

MG units where the main mg gets destroyed should switch to a generic infantry icon.

Panzerschrek teams that lose their Panzerschrek should switch to a generic infantry icon.

At teams that are formed off of the squad should change to a faust or schrek icon or the appropriate icon.

I don't know if there are major engine concerns to this idea.

TBH, the icon doesn't make much difference to the FoW in even Iron mode, playing WeGo or pause-heavy RealTime. It'd be a convenience, sure, and doubly so if AT teams got their icon properly (though Scout teams split off getting a Scout icon might be as confusing as helpful when there are actual recon troops on-map). You see the equipment a team has when you click on it anyway. While the icon change is an element of the difference between levels, it's not a big one, IMO.

I only meant from a visual aspect it would make it much easier to the player to know exactly what you have, especially in the larger battles

Ah, I see: you mean the icon should change for the owner?

Then I have to disagree quite strongly. I don't want to be using ATG crews as infantry, and changing their icon to just a generic infantryman one when they abandon a gun would just add another confusing icon that I'd have to click on to find out what's what. I don't think I've ever had enough field pieces that I would be confused as to which still had guns and which didn't.

my point is and maybe its a bad point, that when an at gun/flak gun/mg is knocked out or abandoned , change to a crew counter, just like a knocked out tank does, the tank icon disappears and is replaced by a crew or hq icon, how is that confusing?

If you ask me, the change there is potentially "confusing". Drivers/crews should have different icons: they are not generic infantry.

Don't get me wrong, it's not serious confusion, just an embuggerance that I'd rather not have.