CMRT: Observations from the Firing Range

Migo441

On 16/05/2016 at 8:48 PM, Sublime said:

@Odin

Im almost certain that at least a few if not few hundred tests have been done to see how many rounds on average it.d take to kill or seriously wound enemy soldiers and all found it was a fairly astronomically high number. Now that automatic weapons are much more common  Im sure the numbers higher but it doesnt change my near certainty that it took a lot more than 28 .303 cartridges on average to kill a landser.

I don't doubt that in RL the vast majority of the .303 bullets fired would have been fired blindly in 'area fire' type situations. Most of the bullets I fire in CM are indeed in similar area fire situations, and I agree that the ratio of casualties to per bullet fired should be extremely high in such circumstances.

However, both Migo's and my tests were not attempting to test such 'area fire' circumstances. What we were testing was the accuracy/efficiency of rifle fire against exposed 'enemy' targets, visible to the shooting pixeltruppen. 

OK that really is me over and out. 

Edited by Odin