make campaign

Hi, I was trying to engage into the campaign making so I started with a small two battle campaign to observe the behavior of the campaign maker engine. Everything is going OK... except that the Russians are not appearing on the battlefield. I checked and re-checked both scenarios  and everything seemed in good order. In the first place I thought that the bastard cowards deserted en masse from the Red Army but then I remembered it was just a computer game so it must be something else. Anybody else met this problem? What could I have done wrong? The campaign script doesn't report any errors and, yes, the Russian core units are activated.

Are the Russians the AI or player forces? Have you played the the two individual scenarios separately using scenario designer mode.

to check for any issues? Also, compare the script line by line with one known to work. Let me know if you need another pair of eyes.

B)

Kevin

The Russians are missing no matter if they are AI or player. I tried it both ways. The scenarios played separately are working well. I'll check the script but shouldn't it pop up a warning message if something wrong? There it is:

/*campanie*/
[PLAYER FORCE] red
[HUMAN OPPONENT ALLOWED] no

[bLUE VICTORY TEXT] You won!
[bLUE DEFEAT TEXT] You lost!

[RED VICTORY TEXT] You won!
[RED DEFEAT TEXT] You lost!

/*Battle #1*/
[bATTLE NAME] bat1
[WIN THRESHOLD] tactical victory
[NEXT BATTLE IF WIN] bat2
[NEXT BATTLE IF LOSE] bat2

[bLUE REFIT %] 0
[bLUE REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[bLUE RESUPPLY %] 0
[bLUE REST %] 0

[RED REFIT %] 0
[RED REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[RED RESUPPLY %] 0
[RED REST %] 0

/*Battle #2*/
[bATTLE NAME] bat2
[WIN THRESHOLD] minor defeat
[NEXT BATTLE IF WIN] // end campaign
[NEXT BATTLE IF LOSE] // end campaign

[bLUE REFIT %] 0
[bLUE REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[bLUE RESUPPLY %] 0
[bLUE REST %] 0

[RED REFIT %] 0
[RED REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[RED RESUPPLY %] 0
[RED REST %] 0

Could be the core units ... 

Not sure what is occurring but when I was trying campaign design it was tedious at first. I got the core forces, later battles, and script file to work together by starting one "test" battle at a time.  Make sure you follow the steps in the engine manual exactly. Try using the script file that is in the manual substituting your specific text to produce a small but working test campaign. I went so far as to rename scenarios as  "My First Little Battle" and "My Second Little Battle" to ensure I could compile and play a the campaign. Once you have a working script, save it, and do I lot of copy-paste as you flesh out the real campaign.

Kevin

PS I would back up all working script files :)

Edited by kevinkin