After Upgrading to Game Engine 3 and 3.11 some questions

I recently upgraded to Game Engine 3 and 3.11.  We then started Joe's Bridge and some strange things happening.  When I click on the combat commands there is no longer a "Target" button, only "Target Light".  Is this a bug?

When I tried to deploy a mortar, the blue target line appeared and below it the following text:

"Click to Place Flavor Object" - Huh?

As a test I loaded up another scenario and again no "Target" combat button.  What gives?

I reinstalled patch 3.11 and the "Target" button now appears.  However still no "Deploy Weapon" shows in this scenario.  I am thinking that installing a new video card in the middle of our PBEM game has screwed things up so I started the scenario over again as a one player game as a test,  but still no "Deploy Weapon".  I tried another scenario and the "Deploy Weapon" was there.  I guess I will just have to play the remainder of this PBEM game without being able to use my mortars.

Ah, you installed the patch in the middle of a PBEM Game ? ( installed New Video in middle of game shouldn't matter ), and could be part of the problem.

I remember that it was mentioned to either finish a Game before both sides updated to same version or had to wait until the next PBEM turn in order for the updated version to take affect...Something along those lines.  

It's also possible that one Scenario you had larger Mortars that use the 'Deploy Weapon' Command, and the other Scenario used Light Mortar detachments that don't use the 'Deploy Weapon' Command ( Platoon Mortars such as Brit 2" & German 50 mm ). 

JoMc67 I went back and replayed my last PBEM turn and you are absolutely correct, the Brits have 2" mortars.  I was not aware that they did not need to be deployed.  I am wondering it they have to be spotted for my an HQ or observer.  Looks like they can fire directly on their own.

My friend and I installed patch 3.11 before we started the current PBEM game.  I just reinstalled it in the middle of our game because there was no "Target" button showing.  After the re-install, it now shows.

Thanks for you help.

JoMc67 I went back and replayed my last PBEM turn and you are absolutely correct, the Brits have 2" mortars.  I was not aware that they did not need to be deployed.  I am wondering it they have to be spotted for my an HQ or observer.  Looks like they can fire directly on their own.

The can fire directly on their own and the cannot be used by an HQ or FO for indirect fire.

because there was no "Target" button showing.  After the re-install, it now shows.

Good, glad to hear it.