No Fog On Newer Machines

If you have Win XP, then FOG was present, but If Win 7 ( or later ) the Fog is not seen anymore...However, The Fog affects are still present ( you just can't see it )...It has something to do with the FOG Tables not being supported with the newer Operating Systems.

Example: I have a Laptop with Win XP and able to see FOG with BO, BB & AK, but my Desktop with Win 7 doesn't allow me to see Fog...Not sure how the Vista Operating System works, but I suspect it's the same as Win 7 ( since they share the same drivers ). 

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

Not sure about the tricking of Win 7, but you could purchase a cheap copy of Win XP and install it as a secondary operating system, and re-boot to play CMx1...Or, just get an old rig with Win XP and use it as your primary CMx1 gaming. 

Thou, if you go the former route, I'm still not sure if the newer Video Cards ( the one probably installed on your rig now ) support CMx1 FOG Tables.

Edited by JoMc67

• 4 years later...