The Eagle and the Bear AAR

Doc844

Just a question, do you know how AI works in CM? jejeje, the AI isnt capable of reacting or making plans for itself. Any movement they make is preplanned by the scenario designer.

Hi boche yeah I understand sort of ie that their overall attack concept is pre planned but I mean more at the tactical level. So when I start shooting at them it should trigger a tactical response like debussing infantry and attacking as a mechanised force using combined arms. I understand there are limitations that's why i asked the question. However I don't know what the limitations of the engines AI are, over on NTW3 mod the Lordz have been trying for years to get the AI to not fight dumb and it's still a long way off and that game, as far as I can tell is way less complicated than the CM titles.

Edited by Doc844

Yes it is less complicated, thats why its "easier", As said before the game has no reactive AI, so when units are told "DASH" or "ASSAULT" here, they will go there and if they receive no further orders they will stay there. Here they depend on the their tactical AI, which is preety much just shoot, take cover and run away jajaja. They cant organize an assault or anything.