Casualties - KIA & WIA

I seem to remember that any WIA pixeltruppen have a 25% chance of being KIA at the end of battle, if not buddy aided during the scenario. 

This generally seems to make sense - however, in the case of an enemy surrender, should this chance be reduced? 

For example, one of my platoons took 2 WIA casualties crossing open ground from machine gun fire - I wasn't able to buddy aid them as I couldn't eliminate the machine gun nest (from my current positions). The enemy then surrendered shortly later, leaving me no chance to buddy aid them. 

The same could apply for equipment lost during a campaign - 1 bazooka team I had had the bazooka carrier KIA, but the second member of the team was bazooka-less for the next battle, even following enemy surrender. 

Thoughts?

The same could apply for equipment lost during a campaign - 1 bazooka team I had had the bazooka carrier KIA, but the second member of the team was bazooka-less for the next battle, even following enemy surrender. 

Thoughts?

That sucks?

I suppose what you are saying makes sense but I cannot imagine the effort to make that change would be worth it.  So my thought would be: stop thinking about it :)  Yeah glib I know but the launcher could have just as easily been damaged and not recoverable just think of it that way.

Ian, I suppose you're probably correct that a change may take more effort than its worth. I didn't think about the equipment being damaged, but that definitely makes sense. 

I suppose I thought that perhaps any WIA troops would not experience the 25% KIA transition only in the event of an enemy surrender, which doesn't seem like itself would be too difficult to attempt. 

I'll try to stop thinking about it; my main impetus for considering is that I am into the meat of the Road to Nijmegen campaign and I find myself inexplicably attached to my pixel troops - I would rather them get a boat home with a debilitating injury than to meet their end in a muddy Holland field!

It seems like it would be fairly easy to have the "KIA calculation" consider every not-yet-Buddy-Aided trooper on the winning side as having received Buddy Aid, when there is Surrender involved. Maybe even give "un-buddy-aided" surrender-side troops a chance of converting into "Missing" (as they are stabilised by the victors, now there's no shooting going on, and taken prisoner). For whatever effect that might have...

Don't sweat it. I got a personal report from one of the medics that policed the battlefield after the krauts surrendered. That bazooka? It took a round right through it. In fact, the medic told me that the bazooka probably saved that GI's life.

;)