Question about some things

1. How do you use UAV? 

Someone doesn't use Zala, but other two UAVs are in danger of AA file. Other than Zala, do you use redfor UAVs? Why do you use UAVs though it will be shot down soon? 

Similar questions for blufor. Grayeagle is too expensive, then, do you use other two UAV anyway, though they might not survive long enough? 

I don't know, sometimes I badly want UAV (specially when I play redfor), but sometimes they are waste of point, because they will be shot down not more than 5~6 turn, when opponent have AA units. What is your choice? 

2. Where do UAVs fly? 

Sometimes UAV survives long enough, though there was enemy AA units nearby. During my recent pbem game, Gray eagle shot 2 Hellfire missiles to my tanks, but two of the crack tungu did nothing during 2 turns. After two of my tanks gone, finally, they shoot and downed the Gray eagle. Similar thing happens time to time. During previous PBEM, opponent's stinger team in the open didn't shoot for 3~4 turn after I operated Orlan UAV, which should be engagable with SAM. Why these things happen? Why SAMs does not react immediately? How do we need to operate UAV to survive as long as possible? 

3. What shells do you choose? 

So far, my PBEM partners choose elite or warrior difficulty. In this case, for redfor, airplane costs 10 min and 152mm artys take 6 min~ 8 min of delay, by veteran+ foward observer team in the fire support vehicle. (6 min is the least one with 2s19M2) For blufor, airplanes costs same delay, but 155mm arty takes about 3~5 min. 

During meeting engagement (specially redfor, their heavy arty suffers longer delay time) I suffered a lot because of these artillery delay time. How do you use fire missions, and manage the delay time? 120mm mortars? Or just play in veteran difficulty? 

1) using UAV at the very beginning of the battle is very risky, but you are not forced to use them so soon, maybe during the battle the enemy AA assets will be destroyed and the UAV will be safe to be used, and can still be decisive.

2) SAM teams need time to spot sometimes just like a ground unit against another ground unit. The grey eagle particularly, can start an attack mission and only after it has started it becomes vulnerable.

3) no need to change difficulty, if you want to increase artillery reaction times invest in arty experience and loadership first, forward observer experience and leadership afterwards (although, FO experience accounts for precision of the strike rather than timing). Then, use TRPs, target reference points, these%

Edited by Kieme(ITA)

Thanks Kieme, every time I learn. I didn't knew that the TRPs can be fielded during meeting engagement in setup phase, but it is available~! 

I think it needs some test to delay time and unit's exp. But it seems that 152mm's fastest delay limit is 6 min for redfor, though. This makes the TRP as inevitable asset for redfor. 

Edited by exsonic01

<Snip>  if you want to increase artillery reaction times invest in arty experience and loadership first, forward observer experience and leadership afterwards (although, FO experience accounts for precision of the strike rather than timing).  <Snip>

This is interesting.  In your experience what does the F/O leadership factor help?  I didn't think it mattered for F/Os and always set their leadership at 0. For platoon leaders and company commanders I will give them a +1 if I can afford it.