Question about Russian FO.

I posted mistakenly in mod forum, so here I repost again. 

How do you use Russian forward observers?  

I dunno real Russian Army doing like this, but as we all know, CMBS Russian forward observers cannot use UAVs, only air controllers can. But sometimes I desperately needed to give a shell to target behind the wall or hill, which doesn't have direct LOS to my FOs. 

How can I solve this problem? I can use air controller + UAV to give a arty shell, but they suffer from longer delay time than FOs do in arty calling. If I put air controllers and FOs together very close, do they share the information, so that I can order a arty shell to the point out of LOS from FO? If the FOs are inside the Fire Support vehicles, then can they use UAVs with the help of PDA and datalink gears? 

In meeting engagement, there are no TRPs, and not all the maps have the good spots for observing. Plain, open maps have literally zero possible OP, that FOs can't see things well enough. I'm not sure how can I use Russian FOs in this situation. Any suggestion? 

Edited by exsonic01

Nope. they can't. 

I checked again, besides the name of all 3 of Russian UAVs, there is a mention "requires Air Controller" 

Might be too expensive toys for Russian FOs :P

And if the Dreday's mention is correct, than game need a patch for Russian FOs to use UAVs. 

Edited by exsonic01

Antaress // Oh my god, you're right. Russian FOs can call UAVs, without single air controller team on the map.

Damn, I almost always removed FOs when I play as redfor since I thought they could not use UAVs. But it was wrong. BFC really need to remove that confusing mention regarding Russian UAV. 

Stagler // Could you explain me a bit more detail? If I observe with any UAV (include micro UAVs) with air controller, then attached FOs in the same vehicles can drop precision ammunition without direct LOS or UAV? 

Also, do you know how to decrease the delay time of arty shells? 

Stagler // Could you explain me a bit more detail? If I observe with any UAV (include micro UAVs) with air controller, then attached FOs in the same vehicles can drop precision ammunition without direct LOS or UAV? 

Also, do you know how to decrease the delay time of arty shells? 

Yes that's how it works. I envisage the FO team would be using the UAV feed on the Air Controllers hard top to call the fires. Its what UAVs were developed for in the first place. Delay is less if its 2S19M2 and the calling team is in a command vehicle, otherwise its just normal delay time.

Edited by Stagler

Yes that's how it works. I envisage the FO team would be using the UAV feed on the Air Controllers hard top to call the fires. Its what UAVs were developed for in the first place. Delay is less if its 2S19M2 and the calling team is in a command vehicle, otherwise its just normal delay time.

Great thanks to let me know. I was totally wrong about Redfor fire mission control.