CMBB to CMBO conversion

If I don't have the time to do it myself, I'm hoping someone will release a conversion of the CMBB BMPs for CMBO. The terrain wouldn't be that hard to do, however the uniforms and some of the German tanks would be due to the changed BMPs.

I liked that most of the BMPs in CMBB go well together in their color tone and shading despite having different camo patterns. Once I headed down the Modslut path with CMBO I noticed that some of the German AFVs were bright yellow with overspray, while others were very dark. (i.e. the different Jpz IV mods go from one extreme to the other).

but Mr Oak, WW2 wasn't a Home & Garden interior decorator perfect mix-and-match color scheme, was it? The darks and lights surely existed together and the grays and greens and yellows must have clashed most of the time!

Now the scenery, that's another story, grass and trees and shrubbery always seem to blend their colors nicely...

Shoeman

The vehicles in CMBB are (mostly) completely different from CMBO. The textures can't be swapped. The some of the roads and grass might... with a great deal of care... be converted and utilized. I suppose you might be able to borrow house textures too.

But don't assume that trying this isn't going to totally screw up your game!

All terrain (houses, roads, trees, treebases, water, grass, hedges, walls, etc) are all 100% usable.

I would be surprised that if you couldnt at least use some vehicles, i have yet to try. I have read that the axis halftracks are useable. Many of the vehicles contain more bmp files that the same vehicle in CMBO which will decrease the chance of a clean conversion but may not prohibit you doing it.

In 90% of cases the numbering will need to be redone to match the correct series. And MikeyD is totally correct, doing this can stuff up how it looks (eg end up with a truck bmp as grass etc) which is realy only fixed by a reinstall or restoration from a backup directory.

I also have a feeling uniforms are "reasonably" convertible.

I have taken alot of bmp's from CMBO and placed them in CMBB and they work fine, just takes work (either conversion CMBB <--> CMBO)

CMBO --> CMBB? Winter terrain (ie BulgeMod), Panzertruppen's buildings and a few others.