Help reinstalling please

Hi All

I am hoping some kind soul might be able to help me out. I bought the CMBN Commonwealth Bundle at release must be at least 2 years ago now. Played Version 1.10. I really liked the game but put it down for a while to try other stuff as my old PC wasn't quite up to speed.

I now have a new PC. So I am very keen to get this game going and try some PBEM.

I have a couple of issues. When I try to install the game on my new PC my anti virus software is finding a virus in the exe file and refuses me access to it. Has anyone else has this happen?

If I get past this first problem how do I update the game to the latest version without buying new content? Is that even possible?

I see references to version 2.0 and 3.0. Do I need to pay to get those versions?

I saw a help page with a list of actions to take but man it was confusing. I want the latest version, even if I have to pay for it. So that would be version 3 point something right?

Can anyone offer guidence here. I tried to create a ticket but I could not get past the 'are you human'  test. Apparently 13+4 is not 17???

Edited by Michael T

I have a couple of issues. When I try to install the game on my new PC my anti virus software is finding a virus in the exe file and refuses me access to it. Has anyone else has this happen?

That's like asking if water is wet. At this point it's almost a right of passage.

I don't know what AV program you are using but what I do is turn it off, install the game, then go into the AV program and exclude all my CM folders and desktop CMBN exe from ALL types of scans, then turn the AV back on. Do that and you should be ok.

Oh good choice grabbing the whole shebang...lots of cool new stuff since the CW module.

Mord.

That's like asking if water is wet. At this point it's almost a right of passage.

Indeed welcome to the club.

I don't know what AV program you are using but what I do is turn it off, install the game, then go into the AV program and exclude all my CM folders and desktop CMBN exe from ALL types of scans, then turn the AV back on.

I save a bit (because I will most likely forget to turn if off at the important moment) and install all my BFC titles under a common sub directory.  I exclude that and that way I can install any new title without remembering to do anything with my AV software.  Heck one of my machines (that only I have admin rights to) I don't even run AV but every time I bring that up someone give me heck for even suggesting it so I won't :D

When it comes to all things Combat Mission, Norton plays hell with me. So I have to exclude the main BF folder in ProgramsX86, and then the main folder in My Documents and then I go after the individual desktop exes. My big problem was Norton would not only quarantine stuff but make it so I could never recover it. And it was never consistent with what it went after. So, after dealing with that crap 10 or 15 times over the last 7 years I don't give that %6&@%&  &*@!^& any rope! LOL.

Mord