irritating LOS issue,2nd floor.they see me but I cant shoot back

Im on American mission 3. There's a 2 floor house with bad guys upstairs shooting down a raised road I'm on. They can shoot at me. I cant get LOS on the house because its base is below the level of the raised road. So I cant fire back at them. I could demolish the upstairs with my Bradley but I cant lock on the house. grrr.

It's not the ground floor that's considered, but the centre of the floor which you're trying to target. That minor correction aside, this is an inherent problem with the game's system that has been raised often, has been explained by Steve pretty deeply and will take some significant changes to the game engine to rectify. It is my hope that the "simple" (in concept, but not really in execution) measure of putting "LOS map" and aiming points on the centre of each face of building objects, at head or waist height will be feasible relatively soon; maps are getting larger all the time, and adding another square km of map is going to add more "LOS map" points than adding 3 points per floor (the existing central point would be unnecessary) of every building is a lesser complication on most maps. Extending this to terrain objects like trees and hedges would also be excellent, but would add exponentially more strain on users' rigs.

Yep,  check these threads out:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/111561-targeting-with-tanks-in-an-urban-envionment/?hl=%2Burban+%2Baction+%2Bsquare

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/107879-city-fighting-what-are-the-isssues/page-3?hl=%2Burban+%2Baction+%2Bsquare#entry1416906

There are others I am sure.  The post I cannot seem to find is the great one that Steve made outlining in detail why it is a problem and all the cooky and not so cooky ideas he has come up with over the years to try to make it better (non ow which have worked well enough).  If anyone runs into that posting please link to it.

We are stuck with it for the time being - Sigh.