CQB tips for a newbie

Hey there, guys. I just recently stumbled upon the CM series and Black Sea really piqued my interest. So far I've been having quite the blast; this game is pretty much what I've been looking for in a "contemporary era" RTS/RTT game. Aside from playing virtual commander and ogling at the sweet toys I get to play with, one thing has jumped up as probably the nastiest feature I've encountered so far: Close quarters room-to-room battles.

I have to say, Battlefront really did a great job simulating these situations without making things too complex and unwieldy.  However, these things are, without a doubt, exceptionally bloody (as i'm sure they're supposed to be), especially when all I have to go with is a faint contact marker. At times i'm genuinely taken aback at just how many squads I can lose assaulting a multi-story, multi-building apartment complex. 

So far i've learned a few things (the hard way):

-When fighting across rooms, always use the HUNT command, preferably combined with a FACE or TARGET ARC for max awareness.

-If possible, never, ever fight up or down a building, those stairwells are death-traps, especially against stationary enemies.

-if time and/or artillery and/or objectives allow it, just use scorched earth tactics and flatten the entire complex and everyone in it (gotta love linear fire missions). 

What do you guys think? any suggestions or techniques you guys can recommend?

Edited by LancerOne

Don't move forward without suppressing all enemy positions.

A big part of urban combat is finding the enemy. As soon as you know where he is at make sure that he doesn't leave that position. As an attacker it's hard to find enemy units without taking casualties, so make sure that you only have to find them once.