Debaltseve Related Question--Can Anyone ID a Patch for Me?

I was watching a vid regarding Debaltseve where, at 1:44 what appears to me to be an at least Airborne or maybe SpecOps shoulder patch on a separatist's cammies is clearly visible. Could someone please tell me what the patch says and what unit it relates to? Speaking of Debaltseve, it was on Yahoo's front page today in a report of EOD ops there and is in a slew of vids covering the fighting and UKR retreat. If retreat can be humorous, I'd have to say a clip I saw in another vid would qualify. A BTR rolls smartly past the camera heading away from Debaltseve--trailing a several vehicle lengths long strip of heavy gauge clear plastic wrap on the ground from its left side. It reminded me of someone walking around with toilet paper stuck to the shoe sole.

Regards,

John Kettler

I was watching a vid regarding Debaltseve where, at 1:44 what appears to me to be an at least Airborne or maybe SpecOps shoulder patch on a separatist's cammies is clearly visible. Could someone please tell me what the patch says and what unit it relates to? Speaking of Debaltseve, it was on Yahoo's front page today in a report of EOD ops there and is in a slew of vids covering the fighting and UKR retreat. If retreat can be humorous, I'd have to say a clip I saw in another vid would qualify. A BTR rolls smartly past the camera heading away from Debaltseve--trailing a several vehicle lengths long strip of heavy gauge clear plastic wrap on the ground from its left side. It reminded me of someone walking around with toilet paper stuck to the shoe sole.

Regards,

John Kettler

My Russian is not stellar, but I believe that it says "Novorussia" on top and "Kupol" (Parachute Canopy) at the bottom. I don't know if there is any particular unit associated with it (obviously the rebels don’t have an Air force, so they would not have any paras either). It might just be a privately purchased patch like those "Polite People" patches with a Russian Soldier and a cat that seem to be so popular with the pro-Russian fighters... Perhaps the native Russian board members can correct me on that?           

Edited by DreDay

Hard to believe that any professional soldier would use such an insignia in his/her BDU. Patch which is size of a palm with vivid colours will ruin the camouflage.

It also gives good place to take aim from a distance. Good hit will tear the shoulder, upper sections of both lungs, vena cava superior and an aorta most likely. Actually a humane hit which will cause incapacitation and death pretty quickly most likely.

Edited by wee