Unable to download

guetapens

Just bought this from official store, created account, paid and so I am invited to download the game.

it takes me to the download page, I click on the file and I get the following message

'Unable to download The request could not be authorized. Please reload this page and try again'

I have retried several times and it will not work.

Any suggestions?

I understand that 3rd party platforms like Steam take a cut, however they make this process entirely less stressful, that also applies to installation, patching and applying player made content too, I'm a fan of your games but isn't it time to join the 21st century?

And please, do not blame my browser and ask me to change it just so I can download this one item, that's not going to happen.

Honestly, I had a nagging feeling about buying from this site, I was sure there would be issues, this is why so many people love Steam and Gamersgate, for those extra few dollars you manage to cling onto the price is frustration and inconvenience for your customers.

Edited by guetapens

I've submitted a ticket and, aside from an automated reply to confirm that I have submitted a ticket, not a murmur.

I asked the community because I would assume that 99% of you have purchased a game from here and there is a chance someone else has experienced the same issues and might be able to offer some useful advice, isn't that what communities are for?

As for venting, $55 has left my account and I am yet to see anything for it, that is surely a vent worthy situation.

Edited by guetapens

I've submitted a ticket and, aside from an automated reply to confirm that I have submitted a ticket, not a murmur.

I asked the community because I would assume that 99% of you have purchased a game from here and there is a chance someone else has experienced the same issues and might be able to offer some useful advice, isn't that what communities are for?

As for venting, $55 has left my account and I am yet to see anything for it, that is surely a vent worthy situation.

Its only been about 2 hours, someone will respond to your ticket soon and you will be on your way.

Unfortunately this issue was not resolved in the way I hoped it would be, however, I must thank Battlefront for resolving this issue in the next best way by giving me a full and prompt refund, they were very helpful and polite about it. As much as I'd rather have the game to play at least I didn't have to fight for my money back.

I really hope this game ends up on a more reliable and user friendly platform one day, I will certainly buy it and other titles in the series as and when that happens.

Unfortunately this issue was not resolved in the way I hoped it would be, however, I must thank Battlefront for resolving this issue in the next best way by giving me a full and prompt refund, they were very helpful and polite about it. As much as I'd rather have the game to play at least I didn't have to fight for my money back.

I really hope this game ends up on a more reliable and user friendly platform one day, I will certainly buy it and other titles in the series as and when that happens.

I hope you give it another try sometime. I hadn't completely exhausted all of my ideas to try before you wanted to bail. :)

One thing that I can suggest is to try and download one of the free demos. They are on the same cloud as the games. Playing around doing that until you're successful will go a long way to figuring out what's is happening on your end.

Another suggestion, that I had made, was to contact sharefile directly. With so many different browsers and security settings, they might be able to give suggestions that we're not familiar with, for the specific settings that you have (it sounded like you had very specific settings).

And anther one......we have people whose internet service is very poor and they sometimes have trouble with large downloads. Some have gone to a friend or family member's house and downloaded on their systems.

Just some things to consider. 

I hope you give it another try sometime. I hadn't completely exhausted all of my ideas to try before you wanted to bail. :)

One thing that I can suggest is to try and download one of the free demos. They are on the same cloud as the games. Playing around doing that until you're successful will go a long way to figuring out what's is happening on your end.

Another suggestion, that I had made, was to contact sharefile directly. With so many different browsers and security settings, they might be able to give suggestions that we're not familiar with, for the specific settings that you have (it sounded like you had very specific settings).

And anther one......we have people whose internet service is very poor and they sometimes have trouble with large downloads. Some have gone to a friend or family member's house and downloaded on their systems.

Just some things to consider. 

I will certainly try to download one of the demos, be interesting to see if things work better there, as for my internet connection, I'm very fortunate to have pretty decent and reliable 1Gbps broadband that can very occasionally play up, but generally is more than adequate for downloading, streaming and playing online games simultaneously.

The problem was that the download didn't even begin, and although I do have my browsers set up in a way that maximizes security and privacy, as mentioned, I have never encountered issues like this before, having downloaded software in the past 6 months from 5 or 6 different sources, all without issue, I do struggle to see how it might be caused by my browser settings, perhaps Sharefile is slipping extra files or cookies in with your software that my browser thought it best to block? They wouldn't be the first download platform that tried to do that.

Having said that, there wasn't any message or warning coming via my browser, it came from Sharefiles' side and referred to a failure to authorize the download. I did try everything that was suggested in the Helpdesk section of your website as well as trying 2 different browsers with various settings enabled and disabled.

As for contacting Sharefile myself, well to be frank I don't feel it is the customers responsibility to mount a mini enquiry as to why they don't appear to be able to send data to a PC running the worlds #1 browser that has, until now, had absolutely no difficulty whatsoever receiving software from various other sources in the very recent past.

In the future I may look at purchasing boxed versions of your games, however, I am now slightly concerned that I might encounter similar issues with downloading updates and patches.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help and also for resolving this in a fair and sensible fashion.

Edited by guetapens