How can I order my vehicle to fire rounds between "light' and "heavy"?

melm

Using BMP-3 as an example, if I order "target", it uses its 100mm gun and if I order "target light", it uses its machine gun to fire.  So how I suppose to ask it to use its 30mm autocannon? 

And for BTR-4E the same thing, I don't know how to order it to use its AGS-17 since "target" goes for 30mm and "target light" goes for machine gun. 

Using BMP-3 as an example, if I order "target", it uses its 100mm gun and if I order "target light", it uses its machine gun to fire.  So how I suppose to ask it to use its 30mm autocannon? 

And for BTR-4E the same thing, I don't know how to order it to use its AGS-17 since "target" goes for 30mm and "target light" goes for machine gun. 

Yea, I think that is a hurdle Battlefront has not dealt with yet. Most AFV have either a Cannon for "Target Heavy" and a Coaxial MG for "Target Light". But the BMP-3 has 3 Weapons that can do the same job (for infantry): 100mm cannon, 30mm Cannon AND a 7.62mm MG.  It must be that the default is for the "Target light" is for a machine gun. 

But yea, otherwise as Stagler said, the AI attempts to pick the right weapon for the right job.  

But sometimes you want the 30mm when a 100mm shell is too big and the machine gun is just not enough. :(

So specifically if you take the BMP-3 and tell it to target a truck it will most likely choose the 30mm. A wall, it will most likely use the 100mm An enemy tank it will probably choose to put an ATGM down range. But all this changes with range and what exactly it is targeting.

What you do know for sure is Target light is MGs only. Target is anything it feels like.

Ah Nija'ed by @gunnersman. The thing to remember is the AI does not have a brain placing Target or Target Light commands all over the place. The AI only gets the "choice by the TacAI running the unit itself" option. BFC have stated before that the prefer to tweak that behaviour to be as close to optimal as possible and make the majority of us happy the majority of the time rather than a bunch of commands that we have to tweak. Of course having said that we have three kinds of target now. Who knows what they might do when they get around to a game UI over haul at some future date.