Transparent Buildings

Buildings with soldiers in them are represented by taking the top and walls off. Which makes them look a bit exposed, even if they aren't in reality. Any chances of using transparent walls with just the roof off? Like the depiction of the second story floor.

I personally feel this to be more in tune with the rest of the game's graphics.

CCJ

CoolColJ,

Well, if troops are in a building the walls come off so that you can see them properly.

The roof usually stays on but I am toggling it off so that the roof doesn't block LOS whenever necessary.

If the walls just went transparent I guarantee you wou'd lose track of things more easily. As it is a simple glance lets you know exactly what you have and where and facing in which direction.

The nice thing about CM is that everything possible has been done to ensure you can get all the necessary info at a glance without clicking lots of buttons.

Transparent walls would hurt that trust me since I and Martin play most of the game in 3D and not top-down.. Top-down players will need to play with roofs toggled off but that's only a keypress away so its no big deal.

Guest Big Time Software

Also transparancies kill framerate. It is ok for a temporary explosion or two on the screen at once, but Fionn is in a lot of buildings at once for example. This would mean a LOT of transparant walls all the time, which translates into a huge framerate hit.

Steve