Task Force-3

db_zero

Started playing this as the Blue side. What I'm seeing is an artillery barrage-I presume its the Russians that targeted an empty spot next to some buildings. Its been falling every turn so far. Seems like a waste and not sure what the purpose of it is and if its WAD.

Are you playing against the AI? It does that. It will expend its entire stock of artillery ammo against locations where it expects you might want to go, starting on the first turn. I got bitten pretty badly a couple of times by that tactic back in the early days of BN, and learned not to move on the first turn. Instead, I watch to see where it is going to put its fire and then stay out of that area.

Michael

Started playing this as the Blue side.

You aroused my curiosity so I decided to give this a whirl. I am ten turns in and finding it very hard to find good firing positions though I did get lucky and zapped three Russian tanks with TOWs in the early going. Can you tell me what luck you have had with the first battle?

Michael