A few questions about the inner workings of the editor

rocketman

I have a few questions that maybe some veteran can answer, stuff I tried but not succeeded with:

1. If you have a squad inside a bunker/shelter at the start of a scenario, is it possible to have them exit as part of an AI-plan?
  2. If you reduce headcount, is there any way of knowing what pixeltruppen that will be removed or is it random?
  3. Is there any way of having some pixeltruppen injured (yellow base) at the start of a scenario?

Thanks!

Not sure I qualify as an expert but I'll take a shot.

• If you have a squad inside a bunker/shelter at the start of a scenario, is it possible to have them exit as part of an AI-plan?

I have no idea - see told ya. I think the dismount command is something you can give to vehicles not squads. I would try just giving them an order t some where else and see if they do it. Try a test with a bunker and a squad and give them an order to move after a few minutes and see what they do.

• If you reduce headcount, is there any way of knowing what pixeltruppen that will be removed or is it random?

Hummm I do not think it is random but you get no control over it. My experience is they tend to preserve squad weapons like MG42s but there is no real guarantee that I can see. I am pretty sure what you see when you deploy is what you get though.

• Is there any way of having some pixeltruppen injured (yellow base) at the start of a scenario?

Nope

Thanks for the input Ian.

Regarding squads in bunkers/shelters I tried giving them an AI-plan/move in a test but nothing so far. Thing is, when you put them in there, their icon disappear, so maybe they are now treated like an integral part of a bunker which, of course, can't move.

Thanks for the input Ian.

Regarding squads in bunkers/shelters I tried giving them an AI-plan/move in a test but nothing so far. Thing is, when you put them in there, their icon disappear, so maybe they are now treated like an integral part of a bunker which, of course, can't move.

Have you tried giving them a 'passengers dismount' command?  You have to select it when you paint your orders.  If you wanted them to sit for a while and then dismount you would paint Order 1 on top of the bunker and then select 'passenger dismount' and put the exit between time to the order so they dismount at that time.  Assuming the passenger dismount AI command works with a bunker of course.  I'm thinking that it might though because Kubelwagen drivers dismount with that command, although vehicles with dedicated drivers do not dismount the drivers.

Have you tried giving them a 'passengers dismount' command?  You have to select it when you paint your orders.  If you wanted them to sit for a while and then dismount you would paint Order 1 on top of the bunker and then select 'passenger dismount' and put the exit between time to the order so they dismount at that time.  Assuming the passenger dismount AI command works with a bunker of course.  I'm thinking that it might though because Kubelwagen drivers dismount with that command, although vehicles with dedicated drivers do not dismount the drivers.

Tried the dismount command, but didn't paint the bunker with the order. Will try that. Thanks!

Too bad, doesn't seem to work to "paint" the bunker with an AI-plan step and the "dismount". It is as if once a unit is put in a bunker it becomes "one" with it. The icon disappears and they remain there for the duration of the battle, unless killed och panicked in which case they "dismount" in panic and not according to an AI-plan.