What is the best way to assess weapon range (not just "T"-line)?

Bahger

I'm wondering if there is a good way to get ranges for weapons in the game, such as the longer-range, vehicle-mounted weapons like TOW, but also man-portable weapons like grenade launchers.  I know that it is possible to use the targeting tool ("T") but that's not effective if its LOS is impeded.  Is there a distance measuring tool in the game and any information in the unit data on-screen or elsewhere re. minimum and maximum ranges for individual weapons, or even enemy weapons for spotted units?  Many thanks.

I do know that in CM Red Thunder with certain weapons such as flamethrowers, the LOS tool will let you know if your target is going to be out the range of the flamethrower or small caliber mortar. Since CMBS uses the same 3.0 engine as Red Thunder I think effective range might appear in some instances.

I think most weapons have such a long reach that the LOS tool will not say whether or not your weapon is limited in range

If you want the effective range usually there is a number giving the max effective range of any specific weapon system you choose to observe in game, in the user interface. But the weapon needs to be equipped. Meaning, if your squad does not have it (such as a Javelin) they will need to "acquire" it first. Otherwise the manual is usually a good place to go even though it is not in the game. And then there is Wikipedia (for what it's worth).

I hope that helps.