Winter Screenshots

Guest Big Time Software

Thanks! We are just wondering how much time will be "wasted" by gamers just cruising around looking at cool stuff that doesn't even involve combat smile.gif Personally, I have been playing Combat Mission since the very first prototype (a LIFETIME ago!) and I still can't stop myself from watching some turns about 10 times!

Steve

Having seen "Halftrack a go-go," I am wondering what is the tactically correct course of action for the German player at this point, given that the forces show in the shot are all that are available.

This is the kind of thing that I can *do* in a wargame, but I am never sure of myself when *talking* about it. Plus, I wonder if my exposure to IGO-UGO games and "wargames-lite" has ruined my tactical prowess.

Guess time will tell.

DjB

Guest Big Time Software

Don't know what the propper course of action is. I'm still trying to figure that one out smile.gif As the German player I only have one Panther up front there to protect all those HTs (there are even MORE not seen in the shot). So the only thing I could think of was to lay down some smoke as I reformed into platoons, then charge forward at top speed with the Panther going ahead. I don't think this is very cool, but it seems like most of the heavy US stuff has been KO'd, so one can hope smile.gif The problem is there is a LOT of open ground to cover...

Steve

Are you going to change the appearance of the Camera control & Turn playback buttons? I suggest give them a 3D makeover, and the illusion of being pressed down when clicked on, similar to normal Windows buttons. Also, for the playback buttons are you going to add Pause and End? (Don't worry, I'm not going to ask for fast forward and rewind smile.gif ) I can see where Pause is going to be useful when I get bothered by my cat or my boss. smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Still playing smile.gif There was a bug with the bazookas (nobody would shoot at them!), so I lost way too much stuff (darn it!) but I basically made a good go of it. Laid down some smoke and moved the HTs out at high speed.

The Panther went ahead and caused all sorts of problems! Before moving out it had already claimed all US vehicles except for one Priest. I had that one playing peekaboo, driving forwards up a hill, popping off a round, then backing down and driving to a different spot. The aim wasn't so good, but it was better than doing nothing or getting shot up by the Panther wink.gif

The assault on the US MLR went pretty well (except for the damned bazooka!) and it is pretty much in German hands. Unfortunately a bombardment fell on two SPW 251s and knocked them out (plus three from a previous bombardment and 5 from bazookas means a lot of walking from now on!!). Both flanks went well too, but bazookas claimed too many victims there as well wink.gif

The US forces have pretty much wiped out the surrounded German force in the town, but it hasn't been easy. So it looks like the Germans are going to have to assault the town completely in US hands. Should be fun smile.gif

Steve

Guest KwazyDog

Thanks for the update Steve smile.gif Out of interest, were you playing the AI? If so, the preist popping up and down sounds great!!! smile.gif Thats something AI in the past really hasnt got its heard around, taking cover and all. The more you tell us about CM, the more I cant wait to play the damn thing smile.gif Have a good weekend all.....

Guest Big Time Software

Nah, I am playing against myself. Charles doesn't like to release stuff to ANYBODY until it reaches a certain level of quality. That means I haven't seen the AI at all yet wink.gif And I doubt very much that any AI will ever do Peekaboo tactics like what I did. My Priest was only firing one shot each position, which is not very effecive at all. In real life the Priest would most likely have withdrawn from the battle and not bothered. But I wanted to have fun smile.gif

Steve