For Noobs like myself how to save forum info in a doc file like Word 2010

When you are reading forum posts and falling in love with the info one way to, but not necessarily the best way, but what  I like to do is to click on the printer icon at the bottom 

post-68164-0-44209300-1420134838_thumb.p

and then WHAM its in printer format - DO NOT PRINT IT - unless you want to but you may get reams of paper printing .... 

What you can do is to highlight those posts you like and then copy them into your word processor like microsoft word and then save them to your harddrive 

If you are unaware how to do this well this is another post I will light a candle for you 

OOOPs that attachment is whacked just click on save (after you double click on the attachment)  and you will see it in a more easily viewable window thing 

Edited by Artofwar

I do something similar when I come across a good post about game mechanics/tactics.  I copy the desired post and paste it into a Word document. (I think said Word document is about seven pages long now).  I then cut out the miscellaneous information leaving the relevant information along with the authors handle and the date of the post.  The date of the post is important since game features are added and patched which often influence the game mechanics/tactics.  (The change to the lethality of HMGs and the ability to fire bazookas/panzershrecks from inside buildings are good examples of this.)  If a post becomes outdated I delete it.  Along with forum posts I also include lessons learned from my PBEM games in this document.  Then from this compilation of information I update/modify my TACSOPs.

Artofwar I actually have the following post of yours from January 2014:

“My latest tactic is to (I play on turn based mode) put a move order (between moves) where I know an enemy unit is that I want to take out then I click on this move order waypoint and click on "target" then I can see all the areas on the map where I need to get to, to get a shot at this unit/area.”

IMO it is helpful to have a document like this.  I noticed that a lot of the posts I found interesting/useful and that I saved were authored by womble and YankeeDog. 

As you continue to add to your own document I recommend you look for threads on game mechanics/tactics that womble and YankeeDog get involved in and follow those threads diligently.  Good luck!