Scenarios for the future?

Guest Captain Foobar

I think it would be cool to have some really DEEP terrain, and "mountains" and passes, but I don't know what's possible to code. Just imagine blocking a whole convoy of intruding tanks, mechanized infantry, etc. with some panzer fausts and well placed snipers. Close in nasty fighting..

Foobar, that can be modelled. The max height of hills is umm roughly 95 metres ( 300 feet or so) above ground level so you can definitely make some pretty mountainous valleys etc if you want wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Scott Clinton

Fionn: In a very related topic. I need anti-tank ditches. I did not see them in the screen print you posted with your artical at the wargamer as a 'terrain type' (ala barbed wire).

I assume they are either in or can be modelled by simply using the 3d engine, right?

------------------

The Grumbling Grognard

I think I read somewhere that BTS is coming out with a scenario entitled "Over the River and Through the Woods: An Assault on Grandma's House" in honor of the great holiday song.

I hear that there are some great horse and sleigh graphics and the TacAI for the horse is pretty good.

Jason

Guest John Maragoudakis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"Over the River and Through the Woods: An Assault on Grandma's House"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or the translated version...

Little red riding hood takes a short cut to the 88's. smile.gif

Guest Captain Foobar

Since the topic is scenarios for the future, imagine a city combat scenario, in a town the size of the reisberg map!!! That would be beautifully chaotic.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>imagine a city combat scenario, in a town the size of the reisberg map!!! That would be beautifully chaotic.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CM2... Stalingrad.... it gives me chills just thinkin' about it. That may be too intense for younger audiences. smile.gif

Mark

I understand there won't be a lot of different building types to choose from. Will we be able to jam bulidings close enough together to get the feel of an urban area? Something with a more urban feel than the demo scenarios?

thanks, ken