use of 'pause' (need explanation) WEGO

this was always haunting me and its time to sort it out.

i ll talk in examples: (Turn based ,not real time)

Example 1

Goal:

Move stug III 10 meters forward ,stop, shoot 1 75mm HE at house X , move 10 meters back/reversed direction .stop , (doesnt need to be 101% precise route) , shoot House X again.

All that in 1 turn,

how to achieve that with pause button. ofcourse i am talking about ideal circumstances, i do not mind if firefly comes out of nowhere and hits stug III and crew starts to panick, thats completely another story

I guess same approach can be used for infantry (OR NOT ?) and their actions with smoke/fire/mouvement

so how do i do this? my brain stops working every time i try to solve this

Plot forwards movement. Select waypoint, give pause command ( 10 seconds should be enough for 1 round ( it's variable ). A Target Briefly 15 second command is possible, but they'll probably get off 2 shots. )

Now, plot another Reverse movement, select Waypoint and give further Target and/or Pause commands.

Eg. Plot movement forwards, that Waypoint has [Pause 15s ; Target Briefly Building X]

Next movement command is Reverse to near original position, Waypoint has [ Target Briefly Building X ] - May have a pause as well if further movements are planned/hoped for that turn.

Hope that helps. :)

PS : Note that if you do not give a Target Briefly command at the first waypoint ( using Target instead ), that targeting info will not disappear when you reverse, it will only be cancelled when you give a new Target command or a FACE command at the new waypoint.

You are so close with your description. Just add pauses at the same way point you add the target command. Also, I have been using target briefly a lot for this kind of thing because the other factor you need to know is that once you set a target order at a way point that become *the* target order for the tank until you give it another one or a face command.

So for your example (a boring one BTW since you are targeting the same thing both times :-) do this:

1. Add your move order forward
  2. Select that way point and issue a target briefly command on House X, then Pause for 15s
  3. Clear the way point selection
  4. Add your reverse order
  5. Select that reverse order way point and issue a target briefly command on house X

Now for some vehicles 15s is enough time for two rounds to go out. So, if you are really trying to restrict ammo switch to 10s pauses and use normal target. The advantage of target briefly for this kind of stuff is after the 15s is up the vehicle can select its own targets (at least until it get to the next target briefly command) so if that pesky Firefly shows up it might increase your chances of coming out on top.

In fact that is one of the reasons I like target briefly so much - you can program a vehicle to hit to targets and yet it will spend half the turn with no target command and therefore can also hit targets of opportunity.

You should note that if it takes 12s to aim the first shot there will not be a second one. Where as if it takes only 2s to aim the first then you can easily get a second shot with most vehicles. I mention is this because the difference between say a PzIV and a Stug is that the PzIV can just turn its turret to aim the shot while the Stug has to turn its hull. So, if your move order ends with the Stug facing house X then you have a good chance of getting two shots off but if it is off angle by too much then you will not. Similarly if you have a 10s pause followed by a move order if the Stug does not line up will with the target you can sometimes get no shots - oops.