do flamethrowers explode?

i only ask because i saw a mystery explosion on the enemies side of a QB map. there was a blast (that sounded like a heavy artillery shell landing) and then some low wall crumbled. its a mystery because it was an infantry engagement, no tank or heavy assets of any kind. my force was some grenadiers Vs a British engineer troop. Or did the AI pointlessly use a satchel charge on a low wall?

More than likely this is what happened. The AI will use satchel charges on occasion but it's hard to predict when it will use them. I have seen the AI use charges on walls that the AI troops can just hop over if they want to.

Me too. Woke up my flank guard nicely (it was a campaign game; not going to spoil)... I was just considering redeploying them, too. That would have been... awkward...