A Poll including Combat Mission at TGN

On the TGN homepage ( http://www.thegamers.net ) there's a new pole asking "What upcoming World War Two game interests you the most?"

Results so far:

Panzer Elite (0) 0%

Pacific War 99 (0) 0%

Combat Mission (2) 100%

SP: World at War (0) 0%

Steel Panthers 4 (0) 0%

*chuckle*. We've got an early lead. Let's not let it slip. Looking at the others. I'm not convinced work on SP IV has even started yet.

Fionn,

Last word I heard was SP4 was going to be out for quite some time to come. And if they don't make some significant improvements to the game I won't even consider buying it. Is Pacific War 99 something new? Or is it a retitle of the other pacific theater game that was orginally supposed to come out sometime soon (can't remember the actual title / publisher of the game that I'm thinking of).

Mike D

aka Mikester

PS: will go over and vote for CM after I get done here.

Martin,

Hmm. I see the new poll. You must be living in the dark ages dude wink.gif. I hope your intel is as bad as that in any PBEM games you happen to be starting wink.gif.

Mike,

Pacific War 99 and SP:World at War are going to be free updates of Pacific War and Steel Panthers III respectively. They're due out near the end of the year if I hear correctly.

SP IV will do well to be out end-2000 IMO since I don't think any design work has even been started and there are going to be major changes to the system if I hear right. Although they don't even seem to be certain if its going to be simultaneous or initiative-based. I have no insider knowledge of it just rumours I've heard.

The one you're thinking of is called "Pacific Tide" and I think its in hiatus. It might be dead although I think minimal life signs are showing. The old story... ambitious project outstrips coding ability and monetary backing. I wouldn't hold my breath for it though wink.gif.

Guest KwazyDog

Hmm, Im having the same problem with the poll, which is strange. Maybe it takes the data a while to flow down under, hehe. Probably some little guy with the update on a floppy boarding a boat now smile.gif

Fionn, are you talking about the poll that shows up on the top-left of TGN's first page? I, also, still see TOAW2/SPWW2 etc.

If you can see it and vote, just vote a couple dozen times for CM to cover all the people here at this board that can't get the poll to show up.

DjB

Ah, ok I figured it out...

It only appears on one TGN page at the moment and that's a page which I can't give anyone on the forum the URL to yet although hopefully soon.

I was checking some stuff there tonight, saw the questionnaire and immediately figured I just saw it as soon as it went up. Seems that its only up on that one page though...

You'll see it soon enough trust me...

Sorry about posting it here. It was an honest mistake. Sorry guys.