Has this happened to you?

A skirmish with the Germans vs. the Brits; I have a 3 man team in a house consisting of an MP40, MG42 and a Kar98. During the firefight my Kar98 and MP40 solders and killed. Shortly thereafter there is a lull in the fighting so the 42 gunner had time to buddy aid and retrieve some ammo (but not all weapons). He then burns up the rest of the 7.92mm ammo leaving him 165rds of 9mm but no MP40?! Yeah I know he has a P38 but it’s not the same.

This glaring deficiency in SMG and assault rifle retrieval has been posted on the forum many times yet the problem persists. Yes I understand that it is theoretically possible that the SMG was damaged somehow but we’ll never know because the game currently won’t allow the collection of SMG’s or assault rifles (unless it is a soldier who is caring only a pistol). Because solders that only have side arms will collect SMG’s and assault rifles we know that it is physically possible for this to process to happen, consequently, this is nothing more than a settings issue.

A MG solider will use his MG for long and medium distance and switch to a pistol for short range. There isn’t a good reason why a rifle solider can’t retrieve an SMG or assault rifle and use them in tandem based on range and ammo content. This issue affects all armies so everyone should be on board with a settings correction.

Discussing this issue on the forum has become palling. Will someone on the BFCM staff PLEASE correct the weapon priority parameters on the 3.0 engine and next 3.0 patch so this issue will be fixed once and for all!

Then I can finally go back to worshiping the CM God. :D