Dug-in tanks? Tilly campaigns?

As far as I know this isn't possible in the sim yet but having read a lot of accounts recently about the fighting south of Caen, it would seem even 56 ton Tiger tanks were dug into the cornfields so that just the commander could poke his head above the wheatsheafs!

The Pz4's were likewise dug into rubble pits in and around Tilly too.

Should it be a viable option in CMBN?

(are BFC intending to release Campaign packs based on the series of offensives that took place in Normandy?) It would be fantastic to re-fight these out, brutal as they were, or are they just too immense in scope to recreate at the tactical combat level?

Has anyone created a map for the south of Caen region? Believe I saw one for the Buron area but not sure if anyone has covered this area (Bourgebus, Verrieres, Tilly, Fontenay).

Reading the book the battle for Tilly at present hence all the interest! Its a great read, though shows the sheer mayhem and losses at tactical level.

Ps, this is Tilly la campagna for the Canadian battles/offensives. Not Tilly sur Seulles

I spent an hour or so using Google street view of the whole area south of Caen and it gives you a real appreciation of how exposed those poor guys were advancing up the steadily rising ground against dug in determined defenders, backed up by extensive artillery and dug in panzers.

Ps have you guys seen ' the horror and the valour'? YouTube has them all, episode 3 on covers the Normandy fighting.

• 2 weeks later...

Digging in a tank is possible in as far as scenario design, /map making. A map elevation tile can be dropped by 2 below the surrounding tiles, or near tiles depending on how deep you want to (not) go. Tanks can be positioned in the holes /depressions. The way the physics works for the projectiles in the game you will get the benefits of dug in I would think.

I saw the horror an the valour when it first came out on tv. It was controversial and the vets didn't like it I seem to recall as it focussed more on the horror than the valour. Now that time has passed I think it was a pretty good documentary series.