Behind the vehicle !

Hi there

Valid for all CMission games.

This can not be happening but, it could be interresting to have a command "back quikly" for a vehicle command mouvement.

"Back quicky" mean for exemple doubleclic to back quiqly automatic 10 or 20 meter and not have to choose the direction.

Unstead to clic on a free place back from the vehicle on the battlefield.

I (we) lost unvaluables second to find a free place behind the vehicle or to move the mouse back from battlefield on your mousepath.

In the command pannel we can then have the choice to have the direction to back and following and created severals waypoints when we want.

In my opinion important is : the vehicle go back and not the back direction to following.

I don't know how it works for vehicles, but have a look at the Evade command (next to the "Pause/Cancel Pause" button above the orders pane; looks like a cross with arrows on the end of each arm; p.34 in the CM2.12 engine manual). That gives a "Get the flock out of Dodge" command; infantry teams usually retreat. It's a standard waypoint if you want to change it.

I can't see your order suggestion having a great deal of utility myself, even in RT, though I'm not an RT player.