Strange shapes

Hmm. As a lowly beta I cannot give immediate help, but I can pass it on.

For info purposes, I've seen this and I think it comes down to brz files which are handled by correctly installing and patching the game. It may be due to your installation being a little out of whack.

How do you play "CMBN basic"? Based on your initial statement of, "I found this shapes only in CMBN basic (CW and MG look good) with shaders ON."

I ask because it implies that you may have multiple installs. If so, that points back to my brz comment. Regardless, in order to replicate this, I'd like to know how to get to where you are.

Ken

I play CMBN with shaders on. With CW and MG I mean scenarios with this prefix.

I don't understand what do you mean with multiple installs. I install each module only once.

Pictures above are from Roadblock scenario (training). Camera 3 and look at the compass. If you are 180 deg. in other direction, shapes disappear...and with 90 deg. you got the other shapes... :D

I play CMBN with shaders on. With CW and MG I mean scenarios with this prefix.

I'm pretty sure I see it in maps from all versions.

I don't understand what do you mean with multiple installs. I install each module only once.

Many people will take a copy of the "old install" before installing any patches or additional modules. That way, they can keep using the old version if they run into any problems moving games from old to new versions. It works fine in BN, but FI and RT keep the game files in your My Documents folder so it can be confusing to find the game you want, I understand. So I've got installs for BN, FI, FI1.01 and FI 1.11. I didn't bother with "incremental" upgrade installs for my BN folder, but I could have various combinations of patch/engine version number and CW/MG.

This is the recommended way of maintaining backward compatibility.

^^^

As womble stated.

For example, I could install CM:BN v1.00.

Next, before I patch it to v1.11 (for example), I could copy it, and rename it CMBN OLD. Then move it back to the same install location. I would then have "CMBN OLD" and "CMBN" in my standard install location.

I could repeat this for every iteration of patching and upgrading, renaming as appropriate so I don't have duplicates.

I could have (made up examples):

CMBN

CMBN v1.01

CMBN v1.11

CMBN v2.01 (Was that released?)

CMBNCW v2

CMBN v2.12

Etc.

That way, if my patch/upgrade is messed up, I haven't lost the entire install. I just delete the bad patch/upgrade install and I still have the CM version I'd just tried (unsuccessfully) to patch/upgrade.

As womble mentioned, leaving a bunch of older installs also allows backwards compatibility to play others who haven't patched or bought the upgrade.

As much as many gripe about the CM DRM process, the fact that I could have a dozen installs on the same machine, each slightly different than the other, is a very powerful tool.

Thanks,

Ken

PS: I've replicated this on my v2.12 install. Your screenshot appears to be from "Roadblock".

Many people will take a copy of the "old install" before installing any patches or additional modules. That way, they can keep using the old version if they run into any problems moving games from old to new versions. It works fine in BN, but FI and RT keep the game files in your My Documents folder so it can be confusing to find the game you want, I understand. So I've got installs for BN, FI, FI1.01 and FI 1.11. I didn't bother with "incremental" upgrade installs for my BN folder, but I could have various combinations of patch/engine version number and CW/MG.

This is the recommended way of maintaining backward compatibility.

Ahhh..... I see (I know that joy from music business; multiple DAW's versions because of

older plugins backward compatibility.. :( )

Multiple CM installs? No sir! CMBN/CW/MG v 2.12 - CMFI/GL v 1.12 - CMRT v 1.00