After CM?

G'day,

To start with BTS the demo looks great, congratulations on what looks to be the best computer wargame made to date.

(now the gripe)

My biggest dissapointment is the limited setting (western front 44-45) this is a theatre that in truth did not have a decisive effect on the ultimate outcome of the war. ( before everyone starts howling <g> I do not mean to trivialize the actions and sacrifice of those people that served in this theatre and timeframe.) I am simply saying that Germany would still have lost the war if the allies had not landed in France in 1944.

I realise you had to choose this theatre to satiate your US market (which I expect will be by far your biggest market).

(now to my wishlist for the sequels)

CM2:- BARBAROSSA! and beyond.

Yes you guessed it, the Eastern Front 41-45.

I can't wait to play the Stalingrad campaign <g>

CM3:- My Melancholy Duty

The European and African theatres 39-44.

This to include Russo-Fin war, Poland, France, Italy, Balkans, North Africa, Syria, Sudan, Crete etc, etc, etc.

and the finale,

CM4:- Pax Pacifica.

Special note this to include China v Japan and Russia v Japan (1939 i believe?) as well as 41-45 war.

What say you BTS?

Cheers,

Speedy

PS:- I forgot to mention the expansion pack to CM3, CM3.5:- NO PASARAN! the Spanish Civil War.

[This message has been edited by Speedy (edited 11-29-99).]

I actually really prefer the limited setting. By limiting the scope of the game they're able to create a much more detailed model than if they were to cover say 39 to 44 as you suggest.

Although I am also looking forward to CM2 which will be set on the eastern front, I believe the western front to have enough merits beyond sales to warrant the game smile.gif

BTW I believe CM3 is to be in the mediteranean and CM4 is tentatively planned to be early war in the west then possibly the pacific. I might have the order mixed up and BTS might change their minds after a few sequels but I think this is their plan as of now.

LOL Speedy,

CM 2 will be the Eastern Front

CM 3 is going to be in the Med AFAIK

CM4 might be early war years (not sure if that's finalised)

It's funny you come up with pretty much the sequel line which I think BTS is planning wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Or you could have dyslexic Borg screaming " Your ass will be imolated."

Oh and you could even have "Super-duper orc heavy rocket tanks" (coming soon in an RTS near you wink.gif ).

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers