Hotkeys aren't updating with the hotkeys.txt file

I tried remapping my hotkeys a bit (well, basically just switching next unit to +) but it's not updating in-game...

Were you editing the text file directly? I've had trouble that way since 2.0.

Does the options menu not work to change command mappings for you?

Hotkey customizing didn't work for me when trying to assign reverse view to "V" key. None of the view keys work for me. Noticed first when I couldn't get "V" to reverse view or use "WADSQE" to work. Love the RTS set though. Right click to select menu is great.

I tried remapping my hotkeys a bit (well, basically just switching next unit to +) but it's not updating in-game...

Did you try the file in the program installation directory or the one under My Documents (or somefink)? The latter one seems to be the one that has the effect, at least on my PC.

And yeah, this seems to be a recurring pain with every CM installation... assigning + to next unit over and over again, needing to fiddle with the hotkeys.

Once past that I've enjoyed the game so far :-)

Yeah, if you want to edit by hand you need to edit the file in Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Red Thunder\User Data. That should, under most circumstances, be the one that loads in-game.

If you're having trouble editing the hotkeys, or all the hotkeys are wrong, or they can't be mapped, try the file I've attached in this post as a base to work from.

Same problem here, and WASD keys didn't work for me at all, and I couldn't edit hotkeys by hotkeys.txt file editing.

Now I understand, why.

Why did you put the hotkeys file inthis place (documents\battlefront\ect) and not in the game folder ?

Game folder seems logical place for me... but I'm old fashioned...

What is worse, I can't change the hotkeys mapping from in-game options/controls menu. It just don't work.

Is there a alternate hotkeys file for RT ? Those with mapping similar like in CMx1 ?

Separate problem in another threat but there are two hot keys files.

The file in Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Red Thunder\User Data seems to be the one sourced for the actual key mappings but if the file under the game directory has an incorrect format it can screw things up as well.

This looks like the first time they have done this for the CMx2 games (don't have CMFI).

On a Mac I was having a problem with hotkeys mapping after I installed MG. After messing with it repeatedly, I got a brainstorm. There was a hotkeys file in my Data folder and there was an Alternate hotkeys file. Normally that is not a problem, but this time around it was what was screwing things up, as if my computer couldn't decide which to use. So I pulled the Alternate hotkeys file out and edited the remaining file and all was sweet after that.

Michael