Building oddity

I was curious if anyone else had seen something like this.

Two buildings directly adjoining one another Building A and Building B. There is one one squad in each building.

Building B is destroyed by mortar fire, the building collapses and everyone in Building A immediately becomes a casualty. The squad in building B (the destroyed one) has some survivors.

I´d a strange blast through building effect once in pre V2.0. A german 30mm rifle grenade hit a window at lowest story of a multi building, killing 2 GI´s inside, right at this window. The same time a crushing sound was heard and I couldn´t locate its origin, although a lots of shooting was all around. Had to replay that turn several times, as I found a tall brick wall collapsing behind the multi building just hit by the RG at the front. Excluding any possible other causes, in fact the RG hits blast, went straight through the building, exiting the back side and make the brick wall collapse 2 AS away! Hm...:confused:

The said building was (pre-) damaged in the editor, while the brick wall took some obvious, although non visible damage from 4.2" WP hitting the ground nearby, during some turns before.

While seeing those blast through building effects with higher caliber HE, causing damage to other structures beyond more frequently, I have bits of a doubt if a tiny 30mm RG is capable of flattening a wall several AS away, unhindered by a massive building between, even if damaged.

No idea if that relates to the building A/B example above, but it seems that colateral damage is sometimes not quite what one would expect. :eek:

Need to retest some in 2.12 now...

I have not seen that. You are Doomed :)

Fortunately the mortar seems to have run out of ammunition although on replaying the turn again I noticed that the Platoon HQ was moving through Building A and also got wiped out.

Doomed applies to many of the unfortunate pixeltruppen who fall under my command.

Its possible this might be a bug with this set of buildings in this particular battle (MG Dunes of Erde what if)

There are 4 buildings (Independent buildings - House) adjacent to one another in a row and whenever one of the buildings collapses all the troops in one of the other buildings (not necessarily directly adjacent) get wiped out.