Organizing Scenarios

Originally posted by Nick Oltz:

Hello,

I was just wondering if there is anyway to organize the scenarios i have in CMBOSE. I have downloaded quite a few and was wondering if there was anyway to organize them inside the game?

thanks a bunch

Nick

What exactly do you mean by organize?

I assume he means, if you've got 500 scenarios d/l'd then the scenario list screen is quite difficult to browse (and takes long to load)... no, you can't put stuff into subdirectories nor can you sort stuff by date or sumfink.

I use the Scenario Depot to organize my scenarios. I only download stuff when I have intentions of playing them. The Depot's search options allow me to pick what I want from among all the available scenarios.

I'm not sure I would want to try this, but one way would be to rename all the files so that the scenario name starts with an abbreviated date. You'd have to take liberties with the scenario titles, but they would appear in full in the briefing.

There are several treatments of the same battle, and it is interesting to compare them to see who took the trouble to find and use an appropriate map. The comparison would be a lot easier if everything were grouped by date.