TacOps

This might be a dumb question, but is anyone here also excited about the TacOps update?

I'm excited about both games, admittedly more so about CM. Always have found WWII, more interesting. There are probably fewer arguments to be made about the idea that we shouldn't have fought WWII, than any other war in the twentieth century. I have taken many history classes where we discussed things like the revisionist idea that we pushed Japan into the situation, but even with that WWII still seems to be a less muddy picture than say Vietnam.

Sorry, about going on about that. I just wanted to relay one of the big reasons why I find WWII stuff more interesting. The other reason is that I think military technology was at its most interesting during WWII. It was too primitive before, and its too smart and automated today; to be at its most interesting for gaming sake.

Guest John Maragoudakis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> is anyone here also excited about the TacOps update?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will buy TacOps as soon as it comes out. smile.gif

I liked TACOPS and it really excells as a multiplayer experience but the abscence of Morale rules really diminishes from its authenticity (indiv unit supression not withstanding). The battles end up being fights of annihlation.

Los

Never played the original TacOps, but heard many, many, good things about it. Including first hand recommendations from friends that have played it. Have just been waiting for it (ver. 2) to come out for some time now, but if I remember correctly Maj. H got messed up w/ his publisher until he landed here at Battlefront. Anyway, very much looking forward to this game as well. Does anyone know the general time frame of release for TacOps2?

Mike D

aka Mikester