Placing a destroyed or burning tank on a map

Artofwar

First place a healthy tank on the map where you want it to be burning or destroyed.

Then go back and choose the proper status to make the tank burning or to be destroyed.

If you purchase the tank and destroy it or burn it .... at the same time that you purchase it .... when you get to the map you will not be able to move it.

Only read the stuff below for a complete explanation.

On the Scenario Editor Unit Purchase Screen on the bottom of the screen are all the wonderful options one can use to choose specifics for various units. When dealing with vehicles one has the option under the "Vehicle Status" drop down menu to choose either "Immobilized", "Destroyed", or "Burning".

The thing to do is to first Purchase a healthy normal tank of some sort, then click on Deploy (Axis or Allied) depending on which country the tank is from that you purchased - Now when the map pops up you can place this healthy tank anywhere you want.... Once this is done go back to the Purchase Unit screen for the tank you just placed on the map in a particular spot, for example a German Medium Tank (PzIV) you would go to the German Purchase Screen and then under the Vehicle Status menu choose Destroyed or Burning. when you go back to the map using the German Placement you will see your tank burning or Destroyed which is empty and just sitting there.

If you choose Burning when you buy the tank and then go to the deployment screen - the map, you will not be able to move the tank it will probably be on the edge of the map you must place a healthy tank and then move it then destroy or burn it so it will work. This is the whole point of this long pathetic post.

First place a healthy tank on the map where you want it to be burning or destroyed.

Then go back and choose the proper status to make the tank burn or to be destroyed.

One last thing more than likely an immobilized tank can be moved anywhere because the crew is in it or maybe not I have not tested this.

Hi Artofwar

Your post above puzzled me, because it doesn´t fit my own recollection of how things work in the editor.

So I just made a quick test - and I was able to move vehicles in all different states, from both allies and axis.

I play on a PC, so I wondered if this might be an Apple thing?