Any chance for Polish events/units in the Call to Arms campaing?

It's not a very known fact outside Poland, but Polish Legions were a unit in the Austro-Hungarian army that reached the strenght of about 25,000 soldiers until the so called Oath Crisis in 1916.

It was established by Józef Piłsudski, the no.1 statesman of the Second Polish Republic.

After forming it, Piłsudski secretly informed France and UK that he will never fight against them, only against Russia.

Many officers from Polish Legions were later a high profile military commanders in 2nd Polish Republic and it was it's craddle

In Sept of 1916, unit was renamed to Polish Auxiliary Corps.

Another very important unit (this time for allies) could be a Blue Army that was initially commanded by a General Louis Archinard by in the middle of 1918 it gained political sovereignty and was treated as an official, allied, co-belligerent Polish army (strenght of approx. 60,000 soldiers in the late 1918) commanded by General Józef Haller de Hallenburg, former commander of 2nd brigade of already mentioned Polish Legions.

It would be great if these units participation could be somehow mentioned in the game and it certainly would add some historical flavour and stress out the multinational aspect of this conflict :)

Hi sokulsky

Good point and I'm certainly happy to consider including Polish formations, though we wouldn't be able to prevent the Polish Legion in Austro-Hungarian service being used against whoever the Central Powers decide to use it against, i.e. if they want to send it to the Western Front or Palestine.

Off hand, I think that representing both the Legion in Austrian service and the Blue Army as Detachment would be appropriate, as even though the Blue Army received a lot of recruits, between its formation and the end of the war its role on the western front was smaller than might be represented in game by a Corps. Anyway, I'll do some more research and see what I can come up with!

I totally agree with you on including historical flavour! :)

Bill

Thanks for reply Bill, I'm glad that you like this idea. I'm sure that you'll come with something reasonable, but I like your initial idea - I think that a detachment for FRA and detachment for AUS-HUN + perhaps some nice flavour photo (with Piłsudski for Legions) would be simply awesome. Looking forward to see if it will get into next patch :)