ATTENTION!! RUBBLE LOS CLARIFICATION

Hi guys Im playing an AAR with FIonn and I had read many reports on rubble and buidling demolition, ratholes etc. I had gotten the impressions through these various posts that rubble would cause as much problem or more for los thatn the actual building itself. Unfortunately this holds true only for infantry, you armor is not safe behind a building if it is reduced to rubble it is visible to other armor, the previous posts didnt cover this and unfortunately I just found out the hard way. DO NOT RELY ON BUILDINGS FOR COVER for armor; Despite what conclusions ya may have drawn from the rubble posts. At this point I would really like to see building deterioration so you get a better idea of where you stand .

Just lost the advantage

SS_PanzerLeader

See, a tank is about 3 metres tall while rubble is only maybe 0.5 metres tall. End result, a tank hidden behind a building isn't hidden behind rubble since the rubble isn't so tall.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Should'nt the size of the rubble be relative to the construct of the building? i.e. stone will leave more rubble that wood. Also a bigger building would leave a bigger pile. Also I wish this woulda been cleared up earlier :-P

SS_PanzerLeader..out

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 12-19-99).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>DO NOT RELY ON BUILDINGS FOR COVER for armor<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reminds me of the tale of the Americans' first encounter with JagdTigers. Appearently, after several Shermans got torched, one of the survivors drove behind a building to get out of harms way... one of the JagdTigers fired through the building and toasted the hiding Sherman.

Guest Big Time Software

Our future improvements to buildings (i.e. post CM1) will have a more varried and detailed treatement of rubble.

Steve

Not sure but I think the graphical representation seems to go from 'intact' looking buildings to rubble. I assumed there were intermediate levels of 'ruin' behind this and that the amount of cover afforded to occupants would gradually degrade. I am correct? OK, it would be nice if there were one intermediate 'ruin' graphic but this might not be possible re processor power etc? It would be nice if you could place light/medium A/T guns in such a ruin as well; placing them on piles of rubble is not quite the same.

Thanks

Durutti, you got it right. Buildings do deteriorate gradually; I'm not positive of the effects (if any) on LOS and cover, but the lack of damaged-building graphics is a product of current practical technical limitations. Sure BTS could do lots more graphics but then they'd lose a portion of the audience they're building this game for in the first place.

DjB

Buildings do deteriorate gradually but unfortunately the graphical representation is limited to "all there vs just a pile of rubble" at the moment.

Remember, there are guys running this on P100 laptops with no 3D cards.. It sounds amazing but its true.

I think the building rubbling issue is one BTS really wants to address later though (my guess is CM2)

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers